Monday, April 2, 2012

Two More Pandas + Update on Panda #1

Picked up two more Pandas.  These were shipped in as Shadow Pandas but as weeks went by, their blue hue went lighter and lighter.  You can definitely see some blue on the white still, but it is significantly less than original.  Thus, they were sold to me under regular pandas.  The history of the Blue Panda is still a mystery to me and the seller.  I hope to discover what the deal is with these guys.



Update on Panda #1

Originally, I placed him (or her?) in the Black Crystal Shrimp tank.  After two days of observation, I noticed that the Panda wasn't really behaving like a normal shrimp.  It would just stand still in one place and move every now and then.  I rarely saw it forage for food, though he did do it every now and then.  He'd groom himself here and there but not much activity.  He'd just move from one spot to another every few minutes.  It was truly odd behavior.  I wondered if this was normal or not.  I decided it was odd behavior by the 3rd day and put him into my CRS tank.  He still behaves the same way as he did in my CBS tank.  Still alive though, so he must be doing something right?  Who knows?  I want to believe he is SLIGHTLY more active than before, but it may just be wishful thinking.  His behavior was like this the moment I added him into the CBS tank, so I am wondering if it's just his character or if there's something wrong with my water.
I did my water tests and they seem to line up with the seller's, whom by the way, has kept him alive in his tank for over a month now.  So I've ruled the bad water out for the most part, but not completely.

The reason I picked up two more Pandas today was because I wanted to see if it is truly my water and the Pandas can't handle it or if it's just that one specific shrimp.  After all, I chose Panda #1 for color, not for activity.  I chose #2 and #3 for both color and activity this time.  I noticed that in the seller's tank, there were some shrimp (I saw one Wine Red and one Panda) that behaved similarly to Panda #1.  Perhaps this is just a taiwan bee thing?  Furthermore, I noticed that the activity level of the Taiwan Bees are less active than my CRS at home.  Very interesting to observe the difference.

Panda #2 and #3 was introduced into my tank a few hours ago.  They went straight to picking for food, behaving like a what a normal shrimp would do.  Panda #1 didn't do that at all.  *Taking notes...*

That's all for now!  I'll update as things go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment