Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CRS Tank Update

It has been a few months now since I have set this tank up.  I got my first batch of shrimp early in December of 2011.  I haven't had any losses in this tank and all are still alive and breeding.  *Knock on wood*

I came home tonight and decided to snap some pictures.  Lots of improvements.  For one, the mosses have really grown in.  I actually had to redo one of the mini pellia squares.  A friend needed some so I decided to redo one of the squares.  I noticed that a lot of baby shrimp like to hide within the liverworts and mosses AND underneath the square.  So with that in mind, I am taking extra precautions to not redo the mosses all at once.  It is a haven for baby shrimp to live in as I am sure the darkness makes them feel safer and with plenty of micro-organisms for them to feast on.  So hobbyists out there who follow the same tank set-ups as I do, keep that in mind.  Food for thought.

Picture time.
*Note*  All the white dashes on the tank's walls are young shrimp.  They're growing up nicely :-)

Full Tank Shot


Side shot.  
The CRS are gathering on the right because I dropped a food pellet there.


Mini Xmas moss mesh with baby shrimp roaming.


Berried SSS+ female!  Second round now.

No comments:

Post a Comment