Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mosura Mineral Plus 'Ultra'

I just started using this product in order to remineralize RO water's lack of needed nutrients for proper molting.
I'm aiming for 180-200 TDS with a gh of 4-6 in my CRS tank.  When reading the description of Mosura Mineral Plus 'Ultra', the instructions it gives you is rather vague and tells you to just keep dosing until you hit 100 TDS or so.
So naturally, I wanted a more specific answer to how much to dose to get the proper parameters I'm aiming for.

Here's what I used:

1 gallon of water (Approximate)
5 ml of MMP
HM TDS meter

I simply added 5 ml of MMP into a 1 gallon container and shook it.  Tested the water for TDS levels and it came out to be 263~
Doing the math, 1 ml of MMP 'ultra' will increase the TDS by 52~.  So approximately 3.5 ml would get me to 180+/- TDS.

Make sure you test your RO water first to make sure it's reading 0 TDS or somewhere close to zero (less than 10).  Then go from there.

As a reminder, the reason we test for TDS when doing MMP is because it correlates with gh.  180-200 will give you an approximate gh of 4 or 5.


UPDATE (March 26, 2012)
I have been using this product for a couple months now and so far, this product has been amazing.  I need to update this post however.  I am now currently only adding enough MMP to get 100 TDS when remineralizing my RO water.  I find that I am hitting the right gh levels (4-6) with less amount of MMP required.  So test your gh every now and then and add MMP accordingly.  I suspect that the concentration of the gh booster in this product has increased, the more I used this product.  It could be because the liquid is not completely mixed and lies at the bottom if you don't shake it before use.  This is just a hypothesis!

No comments:

Post a Comment